There is a deep-seated instinct among all children to adopt their parents’ actions and beliefs. When children see their parents commit crime, they learn that crime is morally acceptable. To break this cycle, the offspring of felons need to be given special attention and shown the error of their parents’ ways. Such steps include requiring them to:
- Go to special summer camps;
- Go to special weekend classes and activities;
- Visit their parents in prison.
On these occasions they should be taught:
- The difference between right and wrong;
- That their parent is in jail because he committed a crime, not simply because he got caught;
- That crime is unacceptable to society;
- That crime leads to misery and ruin while hard work leads to happiness and prosperity;
- That their parents’ errors will not ruin their life unless they choose to follow in their footsteps.